Health and Safety regulations* require employers to offer regular eye tests to VDU users (defined as a person using a VDU screen as a significant part of their work almost every day).
- Raymond White carries out full eye tests at your premises, on a regular or one-off basis to ensure compliance with regulations and the well-being of your staff.
- This service can save large amounts of paperwork in reclaiming external fees, paying through expenses etc.
- It also ensure that all employees receive a fair and equal service.
- The regulations stipulate that employers are only obliged to contribute towards the cost of a basic pair of glasses “if the patient has a specific requirement for VDU work”. This is often misunderstood and employers are open to spurious claims.
- We are best placed to determine and explain this to patients, ensuring fairness and compliance without spiralling costs.
We can offer
- Up to 20 sight tests a day (charged per test or per day - from £15 per employee) taking around 20 minutes each.
- Choice of frames from budget to designer.
- All lens types, options and upgrades available.
- Fast, free delivery and fitting of completed glasses to the workplace.
- Single point invoicing to the employer.
- Payment on delivery (credit/debit cards, cash or cheque).
* The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 No. 2792